Frequently asked questions

Click here for General Credit Information

How much is the cost per unit?

Tuition cost per credit varies from $50 - $79 per credit depending on the course offering.

How long will my registration form take to process?

Registration forms are processed on a weekly basis at the main Registrar’s Office. Generally, it can take anywhere between 3-6 weeks for the payment to appear on your bank account statement from the time you submit your registration form. If you have attached a check as the payment method, it may take additional time for the check to clear.

Can I begin my coursework even if I have not yet been charged for my tuition?

Yes. You may begin your coursework once you have received the “Course Enrollment Confirmation” email.

Are these graduate-level courses?

Yes. All courses provided through Teacher Friendly are graded, graduate-level, professional development courses provided for all teachers (K-12), and related personnel who are seeking re-certification, state licensure, salary advancement, or other professional development growth opportunities. The credits offered are post-baccalaureate, graded, graduate-level semester credits, provided directly through the University of the Pacific, University College. They are specifically designed to meet the needs of Educators for Salary Advancement and Recertification. These courses are NOT applicable to participants who are pursuing an advanced degree at the University of the Pacific.

Will my school district accept these courses for salary increments/licensing requirements?

Districts may have different guidelines and deadlines for salary advancement and licensing requirements. We always encourage participants to familiarize themselves with their own policies prior to enrolling. Although we have a proud history of helping educators nationwide, participants are fully responsible in determining the acceptability of these courses for their intended use.

Will these courses be applicable/transferable towards my degree?

These courses are not applicable for a degree at Pacific but can be transferred at the discretion of your institution. An official transcript is available from Pacific upon successful completion of coursework. While it may be possible for the credits earned in these courses to be used for salary advancement and state licensing requirements, we do not provide assurance that any state licensing board or school district will accept these credits for those purposes. Individuals seeking credits for those purposes are advised to check with the appropriate agencies and gain approval prior to registering. Accredited by The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).

How many hours of involvement/coursework is required per semester credit?

Each graduate-level semester credit requires 15 hours of participation/involvement in the course.

Is University of the Pacific/Benerd College accredited?

Yes. University of the Pacific/University College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). UOP was established July 10, 1851, as California's first chartered institution of higher learning.

Can I request a refund?

Tuition Fees are non-refundable once your enrollment form has been processed.

Who do I contact for questions regarding university credit, coursework requirements, transcripts, or grading?

Email, or call our Teacher Friendly Office at 1-949-646-9696 during scheduled telephone office hours: (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday), 8:00am -12:00pm, Pacific Time.

Click here for Coursework & Transcripts

How much time do I have to complete my coursework?

Coursework may be submitted up to six months from your enrollment (registration) date. The enrollment date is the day you receive a “course enrollment confirmation email.” Since enrollment is open year round, coursework submission dates vary depending on when you register.

Can I submit my coursework earlier than my submission date?

We always encourage early coursework submission if you finish prior to your submission date. This will help expedite the process of receiving your unofficial/official transcript. The true course ending date that will appear on your transcript will reflect the date in which your coursework is received.

Can I request an extension for submitting my coursework?

Absolutely. Simply email our office at to request a 2-month extension. Be sure to include “Extension Request” in the subject line, and provide your course number/title

Can I begin my coursework even if I have not been charged for my tuition?

Yes. You may begin your coursework once you have received the “Course Enrollment Confirmation” email.

How long does the grading/transcript process take?

After receiving a coursework confirmation email from our office, please allow anywhere between 3-5 weeks (Up to 6 weeks during the summer!) for you to receive your unofficial transcript. Keep in mind, you do not need to wait to receive an unofficial transcript to request your official transcript. An unofficial transcript will take approximately 8-10 business days to arrive to your mailing address once your grade(s) have been officially entered into system.

How do I request a transcript?

Please visit this link for more information regarding official transcripts. Please select the option to hold transcript until grades have been posted to ensure your transcript records are up to date.

How long will it take to receive my transcripts in the mail?

An unofficial transcript will take approximately 8-10 business days to arrive once your grade(s) have been officially entered into system. An official transcript arrival date depends on the shipping option you selected during your ordering process. You may check the status of your official transcript by using your confirmation code (that was emailed to you once your order was placed), or call the Registrar’s Office at 209-946-2135.

902 33rd St Ct W,

Bradenton, FL 34205

John D Friel


 (941) 714-7300

© 2023 by John D Friel.